7.4.06

11 February 1992, Tuesday.


I had a bit of a lie in, and got up at 10am, ate some breakfast and then mandied, and as 1am crept up and touched me on the shoulder, I jumped onto a public transport bus and headed for school. I taught my class, which was more another goodbye session, and then sat around for a while. Suryaman had told me yesterday that I would only be teaching one class today, but as I went to leave the school, to go to the telephone office and call CSA airline's and confirm my leave date, he stopped me, looking very suprised, and asked me to teach the next group. I explained the necessity, and that I would return later. Aji arrived at the school and gave me a lift to the telephone office.
I made all the relevent call's which came to over 10,000rp's, but I have a leave date, I'm leaving Jakarta on the 21 February, at 5:40pm, but must get there 3 hour's before departure, and confirm all this 3 day's before. That mean's I've only got ten day's left here. That has shaken me up a bit, only ten more day's.
Aji gave me a lift back to the school, where I was greeted by even more goodbye's and photo's. I left the school exhausted, Aji gave me a lift to Herun's house, where I had some lovely food, and then Herun and I went around to Alison's house. As we entered the house, Alison rushed over saying "I was just coming to your house", and I wondered how much truth there was in that statement. We all talked for a while, well actually, we sat and listened to her basically moan about Indonesian people, for what seemed like an iternity.
Herun came back to Aji's house with me, then all three of us got in one bechak and went to the Yogya department store, and then went to a cafe place and downed a couple of beer's together. At about 10pm, we left the cafe, Aji and Herun walked back, and I jumped into another bechak and went to the Matahari department store, to the Dallas chicken place, to meet the girl, that I met in the telephone office yesterday. The place was all closed up, so I walked home.
I got back to Lengkong and Aji's house, but Aji wasn't home, so thinking that Aji had gone back to Herun's, I put some more clothes on and walked out the door, and there was Aji just getting back. So we went out on Aji's motorbike and bought some food, then drove around for a while. Stopped by the roadside and had a durian. They are gorgeous, a bit like ice-cream, and to think that when I first arrived in Indonesia, I really didn't like them, or chilli's come to think of it, thing's have changed. We drove back home, I meditated for an hour or so on the roof, and then went to sleep with a fresh mind.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Seegan said...

Meditating on a roof.. I should try that.

4:14 am  
Blogger Kara said...

I finally had a chance to get caught up on your journal but have had to miss a couple episodes of in the Attic. I've been busy moving but I'm all settled in now. I just got myself a new laptop so now I'm back online :)

Take Care

7:07 am  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Hmm...Durian, huh? Ice Cream? Did you just say ice cream? ;)
The words "Ice cream" make me look up from wherever I am, that's my fave food in the whole world right there! When I'm sick or sad it's the only food I can eat! And I'm snobby about what kind, because so many of them have chemicals and thickeners in them. Ben and Jerry's, you can taste the chemicals!
Is Durian some sort of cold custard? Yum!:)

2:34 pm  
Blogger Kevin Seegan said...

Isn't durian that really smelly fruit?

4:11 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey Everyone, thank's for the shout's here. Yeah Kevin, a Durian is a huge tough spikey fruit found in the Asian rainforest's, it is pretty funky smelling, but once you get the taste for it, it is gorgeous.
There's not too many entries left in the book, so thank's to those who are reading now, coming soon the final entries, that's probably why I don't do entries everyday, otherwise I'd of been finished age's ago, anyway thank's for reading.
mikey

6:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home