15.2.06

2 February 1992, Sunday.

My eye's were first opened when the girls came in, I shook off the morning feeling, rolled over and jumped back on the dream train. A tap on my leg by Herun woke me for the second time. I got up and washed my face, changed my t-shirt and joined Herun eating breakfast.
At 9am, we got a bechak to an awaiting bus, caught that to the bus terminal and then jumped on a bus to Jakarta. The journey was long, the bus's were really hot and dusty, by the time we got to our destination, I was grime incrusted. We arrived at Herun's families house in Jakarta at around 7pm, and was introduced to the family, I then showered, and took my time, and it felt absolutely lovely, I also had a poo.
Herun's brother is a guide and speaks very good English, although he has a very strong American accent. It's a very nice house, I just thought I'd include that. We ate, then watched the television, Alfred Hitchock and football. While watching the football, I ate some noodles, a welcome food intake, and when the football finished at 11:40pm, Herun and I both went to bed.
Well, it's been a day just as long as any other, but trying to explain and remember hours of a bus journey doesn't really seem that necessary, and seeing as how we were travelling for around ten hours of the day, the amount of information I had to write about was very little. Now, looking at tomorrow, through the other side of sleep.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kara said...

Just thought I'd say Hi and let you know I still check in every few days and read your journal :)

Take Care
--Kara

12:23 am  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey Cara, don't take offence, I think that I just meant that he didn't have an English accent or an Australian(which would have been a lot closer). Hope that answer's you question, thanks for the shout here.

Hi Kara, thankyou for letting me know, sometimes I think that everybody has forgotten this blog, but then I'm proved wrong, like this, thankyou very much and take care.
mikey

9:08 pm  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Aw,I'm sorry Mikey, I didn't forget, it's more that I didn't have a laptop to
read laying down. But I should have checked in and said something beofre now. I guess I was feeling kind of shy after not being around for so long.
Actually, there's more to it than that. :(
But I didn't forget you, you're unforgettable!.
I'm so sorry Mikey. I've missed you guys more than you know. xoxoxoxo

2:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home