7 January 1992, Tuesday.

My eye's flew open at 5am, desperate for a wee, I alleviated myself and went back to sleep until 8am, at which time I briefly opened my eye's, only to close them for what seemed like a second, although it was more like an hour. I eventually got up, and spoke to Aji, he constantly help's me with my Indonesian.
I had some breakfast and a mandi, and prepared myself for school, but as I looked through my ruchsack for my wash bag, I realised it wasn't there, and neither was my camera or my brown trousers, and my blue cap as well. It appears that they have all been stolen. I can't believe it, they must have been stolen on the bus journey from Carita, the camera had all the pictures of Tasikmalaya and Singapore on it, there all gone.
I was very angry, but made my way to the school. Teaching my first class, I noticed that my Indonesian had really improved since leaving Tasikmayala, and in our class I moved onto conversation. The class went really well, and seemed to finish soon after it begun. I went into the head teacher's office and explained to him that the embassy in Singapore wouldn't give me an extended visa because there was a signature missing. He was really embarassed and apologized. He's a nice guy.
Aji turned up on his motorbike, came into the school and we all ate and talked until about 7pm, when I left for Pabrik Es, to see if any of my mail had arrived, Aji went home. On the way, I stopped in at the warung where the women asked me to stay some time ago. I taught her some English and she made me some food and drink, after I had finished my food, we sat talking, during our talk, I saw the bottle of water fall over, I jumped up to catch it before it fell, only to be suprised that the bottle hadn't moved at all, I had hallucinated the whole thing, it was only a fraction of a second, but it really shook me up.
I left there at around 8:30pm and continued up the road to number 12 Pabrik Es, where I used to live with Agus and his family, but all the lights where out, so I didn't knock, but continued to Herun's house, the guy that took me to his rubber plantation and factory. All of there lights were out, so I didn't knock and started back to Aji's house, on the way buying some side dishes for me and Aji's dinner.
I got back to Aji's house, but he wasn't there, I went upstairs and wrote up my journal, then fell asleep. Aji returned and stirred me from my semi-concious state, Aji put the television on and we watched the other half of the film that had gripped me so much the previous night, apparently it was a true story.
It's coming up to 1am now, I have to be up at 7am tomorrow to teach, I'm very tired and start yawning. I'm off to sleep.


Blogger Nabonidus said...

I'm so behind here! Jeez!
Hey, that sucks about your camera being stolen, all of that! :(

4:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home