4.1.06

4 January 1992, Saturday.




I woke up from the loveliest sleep, it felt like an early summer morning in England, the air was fresh and crisp. Yunis wasn't around when I got up, and in the morning light I watched ants and other insects going about their daily lives on the floor outside my room.
At around miday I walked up the road and got some noodles for breakfast, then carried on further to Asnah's house. I got to Asnah's at about 1pm, and stayed there until about 8pm.
One of the children from the village, showed me a baby bat that he had found, it can't of been more than a few days old, I asked him to give it to me and he did, I done my best to keep it warm, he was the loveliest little thing.
I left Asnah's house after a huge storm had passed, it was pitch black, but I managed to find my way back to the Raitha losmen. The owners of the losmen gave me some rice and lovely vegatables, I ate and then drew a portrait of the owner bloke, on a large peice of paper that he gave me. It went well enough, I used oil pastels and pencil, but I found it hard to gage whether he liked it or not.
I was really tired by then, it was around 10pm, so I decided to go to sleep, first surrounding myself with smoking anti-mosquito coils.

4 Comments:

Blogger whatever said...

Those mosquito coils make me deathly ill. I can relate to the scene. I feel like I was there. First fish, now a bat. What will it be next?

1:39 pm  
Blogger lryicsgrl said...

Do the coils work?

9:36 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Cheers Cara, I can't actually remember anything about the baby bat, but I'm sure I would have given it back. I hate it that I don't remember some things, well I suppose it was a long time ago, but other things are still crystal.
Thanks for posting, take care.
mikey

Hi Seychelle, them coils are evil things, they are very strong poison, your not on your own there, luckily they didn't effect me too much, and were better than the bites.
I don't think there were anymore animals, but there may well be.
Thanks for posting.
mikey

Hi Lzygrl, they do keep the mosy's away, and they were used by the local's which usually means that they work. Although they are very poisonous and make some people very ill. Thanks for posting.
mikey

5:38 pm  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Hi Mikey,
what beautiful people! Actually, to be completely honest, it brought tears to my eyes because it made me think of the tsunami. :(

1:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home