25.12.05

24/25 December 1991, Tuesday.


Tis the morn once more, I had awoken at 8am, having slept like a man suffering from a cold. It is Christmas eve, I'm in the breakfast room, and I'm the only one smiling.
There's about as much Christmas spirit in this room as there was 2000bc, on a particularily cold miserable day when everyone felt bad tempered.
I left and met up with Natalie, she was a little late but I didn't care, we went on and met one of her friends called Debbie, they shopped around and then treated me to an exquisite Japanese meal, it was really expensive as well. Then they went and had there hair done, while I just hung around. They looked lovely, Natalie looked even more stunning, we walked around while Natalie done some more Christmas shopping, then we returned to Natalie's house, where I met her parents and friends.
We all talked and ate, then before midnight, we all went to a midnight mass, the huge church building that we went too was jam packed. The ceremony was very nice, but I really noticed that it all sounded like Chinese.
We all caught taxi's back to Natalie's house, where we talked, watched the television, I went out and had a swim in the pool. I forgot to describe Natalie's house, it's on the 8th floor, the penthouse two floor appartment. The building has a pool, squash, tennis and badminton courts, as well as security guards patrolling the perimitter fence.
I sat and spoke to Natalie's dad Burt on the balconey watching the sunrise, he is a very wise man, and I felt bad for desiring his daughter. At around 8am, I went out for a walk, still yet to sleep, but on my walk found a bench and fell asleep on it. I returned to the house at 10am, they all opened there presents, and had even got me a glass dish, which I was very grateful for, but I had none of the Christmassy feelings that I'd been so used to for my nineteen years on this earth. It really doesn't feel like Christmas day, maybe it's because it's ninety degree's in the shade, whatever it is, I can't wait to phone home tonight, but I'm eight hours ahead here, so I'll ring at 5pm or 6pm to catch them at a reasonable time.
I phoned them at 7:30pm, and spent $20 speaking to my family, and then another $20 speaking to my friend Ian, who say's he's travelling over here in two months. This means that I must scrimp and save enough to return to Singapore in another two months.
I returned to the hostel, buying myself some oranges on the way. Christian bought me a coke, and I showed him the red light district, we returned, I ate, then showered and sat around thinking about Natalie.
It was getting late, to my long awaited bed I go, but, I've had a good Christmas, made much better by Natalie and her family, especially after the visa nightmare. Anyway, goodnight.

5 Comments:

Blogger lryicsgrl said...

I hope this isn't cheating, but I have missed a few entries. (to be expected of course, holiday shopping in real time) I picked this entry to start with. I didn't know you fell in love. So sweet. I'm glad I picked this one, as you seemed happy.
But what is with all the body part dreams??
I gotta figure this out.

When I get back from vacation. I'll read back in order.

6:06 am  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

I was trying to figure that out myself, Sue. :)
Had to leave it blank for awhile.
And I'm wondering what's to come of this visa issue, was it solved?
The tale of Natalie is sweet, I like the
descriptions of your feelings here.
Ah, young love. :)

10:18 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey thanks, it was more like 'two ships passing in the night', but still very special, and very romantic. Thankyou for reading, take care.
mikey

4:38 pm  
Blogger Johanna in Paradise said...

I am reading each and every entry and loving every bit of it.

I dream of traveling one day, I wonder if that is why this is so darn interesting to me. I hang on each word.

I feel like I am too old for such an adventure like this. But, ya never know.

Johanna in Vista

5:33 pm  
Blogger Claire Eliza said...

I'm glad the Christmas was nice Mikey. I like it that you were content and happy even though it wasn't a normal Christmas.
xoxo
- claire -

5:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home