12.1.06

12 January 1992, Sunday.


I slumped out of bed, after a restless night, had a wee, and then sat by the strange wood burning cooker to lessen the early morning chill. Sitting in the relative cold, I felt my bowel move, I needed to do a poo, but there was no toilet. I spoke to Aji, and he directed me towards a large pond.
There was a 'Y' shaped stick coming out of the water, and then a longer stick supported by the 'Y', and going to the bank. Around this was a short wicker screen and a bucket of water. I had to balance on the stick, and crouch over the pond. As I steadily managed this manoeuvre, and assumed the squatting stance, I happened to glance down at my intended splash site. And there, underneath me, were loads of massive Koi carp jockeying for position, awaiting my morning gift. I winced at the very thought, but there was no going back, and as I relaxed, the fish were fed.
I returned to the house, and had a mandi, then we had breakfast. After we finished our food, Aji's cousin gave us a lift on his motobike to the Banjar road, where we visited some more of Aji's family. Then caught a bus back to Tasikmalaya, we jumped off the bus and walked back to Aji's house, I set about finishing the letters I had started writing the day before.
Asep came round at 5pm, and Aji went out. At 6pm I went out with Asep to the pictures, where we watched an American film called 'Ghost', it had Demi Moore in it, it was quite good, but was dubbed in Indonesian, which made it weird. Asep paid for us both, which I really appreciated.
I left Asep in town and started walking home, then started to jog. I got back to Lengkong and Aji's house, but all the lights in the street where out, I don't know why.
I sat talking to Wiwi downstairs for a while, all the lights came back on, and I headed upstairs to bed. Aji was fast asleep, as I walked into the room, I noticed that the guide rope which was supporting my mosquito net was covered in ants travelling from one side of the room to the other, and under the rope, was Aji's head.
I couldn't help myself, and flicked the rope, sending ants tumbling onto Aji's head, he flinched and itched, which sent me into hysteric's, and I had to walk out of the bedroom, I calmed down, and walked into the bedroom again. Repeating the whole thing several times before stopping, and letting Aji once more continue his restful sleep.
What a rat I am, but it was so funny. I'm contemplating tidure(sleep) now, so goodnight.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Seegan said...

Oh man, that's pretty nasty.

12:23 am  
Blogger JoeBoy said...

I have been catching up on this journey of yours. Since my accident, I have nothing but time on my hands. Well at least my right hand for now. I almost feel like I am there reading this. Not during the pee and poo though. ha ha
Thanks

3:43 pm  
Blogger lryicsgrl said...

Ok, you are funny, yes, very funny!

11:43 pm  
Blogger lryicsgrl said...

btw, we could call this "bathroom" humour, but it isn't really a "bathroom" or "loo" is it?

11:45 pm  
Blogger Karel said...

Halo friend!! Apa kabar?!?
Haha..nice illustration there, Mikey. That's probably the only place you have to have a balancing skill to do a #2.

Sorry I haven't been reading at all the past three weeks, Mikey. I'll try to catch up!

Selamat Natal dan Tahun Baru!
Karel

12:21 am  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey thanks everybody, this was probably my favorite entry so far, I made the drawing just in case I didn't describe things perfectly.
Thanks for the comments, and thanks for reading.
Hey welcome back Karel, hope you had a great Christmas and good new year mate, I've really missed you mate. Anyway, hope alls cool, take care, and thanks again.
mikey

2:37 pm  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Wow, this didn't gross me out, I was more fascinated by the fact that you are contributing to the earth;'s eco system.
I actually thought it was pretty cool, weirdo that I am. But I wouldn't want to
watch them dine, I admit. Yuck!

5:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home