6 November 1991, Wednesday.

Got up at around 8:30am, had my usual morning routine, and at around 9:30am, Ursula had packed her bag and was off in a shot. I had some coffee and done some more washing, when Yunis turned up. We went off to the warung for breakfast, and then walked along the beach, to the Krakatu beach hotel to find some tourists, there were none about, so we carried on along the beach and up the road to Labuhan, where Yunis said we should pop in to see his friend in the Carita beach hotel, it was really plush little villas, a great big pool, and a jetty going over coral in the sea. There was also a watch tower, so I got some pictures.
We carried on walking to Labuhan, and on the way, walked past a volley ball game, they shouted over and asked us to play, we did, and I really enjoyed myself.
We went back to one of the volley ball player,s house after the game on his request, talked and drank some coffee, didn't stay for too long, but he asked me to come back tomorrow. We started walking back to the guest house ( my rash is still going strong, luckily enough!) and it was nice to see there was no buses, it was dark and about 7pm, and I had told Asna, that I would be visiting today. So we flagged down some motorbike taxi's, and headed there fast. I bought some coffee and cakes at a shop on the way to Asna's, this was polite, Yunis told me, because Asna was very poor, and only living with her very old looking mother, well he didn't say that bit.
Asna was more beautiful than ever in the candle light, we stayed for a couple of hours and after saying goodnight (salamat malam) to Asna and her mother, we left.
On the way back, we stopped at some guys house, sung some songs, talked and joked and just lived. I have realised that Indonesia is life, they all live so much more here. I feel like a baby, learning how to speak again, how to act(being polite) and walk alot. Its hard, but so rewarding.
After a couple of hours, we headed back to the guest house, I was really tired and went to bed.
One more thing; I don't use toilet paper anymore, and I mandi at least twice a day, and hooray, my rash is going down, thank the lord! And, tomorrow will be my second week here, I seem to be thinking alot more right now, about my future.
One more thing, when people here don't understand me, they either say EH! or Ya Ya Ok, and then walk off shaking there heads, nice that, not annoying enough apparently.
Enough already, goodnight.


Blogger Dale said...

Dear Mikey

Ya Ya OK, eh! Sounds like my 15 year old daughter...

I am really getting into your story & look forward to each day's new adventure.
So you mandi instead of using toilet paper?
Giant lizards & a rash...
You MUST have been having fun!!!

Oh, to be nineteen again & travelling.


10:45 pm  
Blogger Karel said...

Hey Mikey,
Man, seems like there were no dull days at all. Every journal installment is exciting and interesting. Or maybe it's just that you're a great writer,writing down even the very small stuff.

And Asna is very pretty, I can see. No wonder you hustled back on those motorbikes. Haha. Awesome stuff, Mikey..

Selamat malam,

10:59 pm  
Blogger Kevin Seegan said...

Wow, this is quite an adventure! Good thing that rash wasin't lyme disease or something... That is a beautiful beach. Can't wait for another post!


12:32 am  
Blogger Kid Ric said...

You sure met a lot of nice folks. Singing, walking and having fun. Thanks again for sharing your adventure.

Peace, love and light.

2:41 am  
Blogger Jessica said...

Look at that beautiful ocean!

12:32 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Thankyou all for giving me a comment, if it weren't for you lot, it would be harder to keep up this second blog, so thankyou very much, I will answer your lovely sentiments with more entries. Anyway, thanks bloggers.

10:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home