29.10.05

29 October 1991




Trrrr, organised with me to got to a waterfall in the forest today, and he woke me up at around 8 am. My stomach was really hurting me, but I got dressed and went over the road to a little cafe come shack thing, and had some lovely food, I also tried to explain dirorea tablets ( which went down well with the locals eating there breakfast next to me ). They understood and sold me a tablet then and there, ate some noodles with spinach and egg. Its really nice but very hot(spicy) Thats what might be giving me runny bum! Then I bought some flavoured bread and chocalate rolls and water for the journey, and set off for the waterfall. We travelled through at least 2 miles of rainforest around a mountain to get there, and I used up a whole film, snapping away at views and vista's, tree's and plants and animals. The waterfall was amazing, I had a dip, but there was millions of small mosquito's everywhere, but I found a monkeys scull on a rock. On the way back we dropped in on a little house to try some.....( can't remember what it was called) and some coffee and got out of a storm. We stayed a while, then headed back, going past buffalo's, goats, sheep and chickens. The people here are so lovely.
Stayed in my room for a while, then ate at the resturant at the krakatu hotel, I have now realised that Trrr is after my money...
At the resturant I organised to go in a party of six to the 'Kualong national park' for 60000rp, its for 3 days. After talking about it for a while, me and Trrr went to Mr.(Kulang park ranger). Had coffee, and I learnt loads of words in Indonesian, he seems to have no alterior motives for his kindness, I hope! Then back to the mosy pit.

7 Comments:

Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey, just for the record, Trrr, as I refere to him at this point, was not after my money, and he helped me when I really needed him later. I just felt bad typing that up, when he done so much for me later.
Is anyone reading anymore?

2:34 am  
Blogger Mark T said...

Yes, I am Mikey and enjoying it. I wish I had done something like this when I was younger. I don't think I could rough it anymore, although Jill and myself do camp ocassionally. Wish Rene well and get her back Blogging soon. Mark

6:36 pm  
Blogger Kevin Seegan said...

Yeah, I am reading. Its just that I am saving all of my comments for last.

7:12 pm  
Blogger Karel said...

I'm reading it everyday, Mikey. You can count on it. =)

I have to say that you were surely a brave young guy. To wander around down there by yourself, not even speaking the language at first, is just mind boggling to me.

The pictures are awesome too, Mikey. The picture of the "warung" really makes me miss home a lot..

Take care, teman. Hopefully Rene is feeling better.

Karel

10:19 pm  
Blogger Kara said...

I'm still reading..........
I am really enjoying your journal. Indonesia seems like such an exotic place :)And such great photos!

11:33 pm  
Blogger lryicsgrl said...

Still here!
just started to feel like a "groupie" commenting on everything. maybe i'm not the only one!

2:59 am  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Cheers Mark, glad to know your still here and still enjoying, thanks mate.
Thanks Kevin, glad to know your there mate.
Apa kabar Karel,thanks for this comment, it means a lot to me that you post here, thankyou for all your messages mate, tremakasi Karel.
Hey Kara, so glad to hear you haven't been put off, glad you like the photo's, there's loads more to come, thanks.
Hey Lzygrl, I really appreciate all of your comments, I never had you down as a groupie anyway, just a brilliant corespondant, full of positive energy, thankyou for all you do.
mikey

1:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home