28.10.05

28 October 1991.



Awoke at around 10am, I hadn't been eaten, and it was a really beautiful day, no clouds, just sun, sea and millions of people asking if you wanted a massage or some food or clothes. Its so hard turning down the pretty one's. So, I had a massage, back, front, face, nearly everything, and bought some banana's and a mango, and that was breakfast.
Spent the whole day, well up to about 2:30pm on the beach and in the sea. Then checked out with Brendan and ate in a little cafe. Bought some post cards, and then said goodbye to Brendan, he went one way down the road towards Labuhan, and I started walking north, away from Labuhan to find cheaper accommodation. Walking for about 20 minutes and it started to rain, but then I found the place, relatively unsoaked.
The room, 75000rupee's a night, and tea and coffee all the time, the room is very nice, if a little mosqito infested, but I've been fine so far. It seems that the mosquito's here are much smaller than the gnat's we get back in England.
It's 4:15pm, I've paid for 2 nights, the rains still pouring down, I've got a glass of tea, and feeling fine. I'm also getting used to the loo's now, and it doesn't feel that hot anymore.
Apparently its totally out of season too come to Java, and in-season there would be...(I wrote that yesterday, and I can't remember what I meant to say.)
At night I went out to eat and then went for a walk with this bloke called Trrrr(isn't it terrible, I can't remember his name!)
He's a dead nice bloke, he teaches me some Indonesian and interprets for me, he is respected in the small community I am staying in.
He took me up to a womens house(shack) and only afterwoods, when we were leaving, he told me that she was a prostitute. We walked back down the road, and I got back to the guest house at midnight.
I have now aquired the art of dirorea, amazing stomach pains also.
Bad nights sleep, mosquito's had a gormay, poached, lightly salted white meat. The dirorea didn't help my sleeping ability.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kid Ric said...

Hi Mickey,

Wow...Mosquitos, ants and diarea. Well at least you had a massage. Lucky you! Sounds like you were having the time of your life. I never knew what Indonesia was like. Thanks for sharing your adventures.
Thanks for the comment about Rachel's song. Yea I am a fan for sure.

Peace, love and light.

2:18 am  
Blogger Kid Ric said...

Geez a typo. I am beat....Mikey

2:22 am  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Cheers Kid ric, thanks for stopping by, I hope you come back mate.

1:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home