1.11.05

1 November 1991, Friday.



Pinch, punch, first day of the month, what a stupid concept. I remember pinching and punching people in my junior school for this very reason.
Well, I awoke at 10am, hmmmm, me thinks, considering the fact that we were all supposed to be leaving for the trip for 3 days to the National park at 7am. I got up and met Unus, he told me that the others hadn't shown up, so he hadn't woken me, annoying huh, just a tad.
Me and Unus went into Labuhan and I phoned home, spending over £10 for the call. Then bought a quaint green straw hat. It started gushing with rain so we went over to the ranger's office in Labuhan, where we met Mr Amir Hasan. Its actually here that I wrote yesterdays entry, and this mornings.
I've decided that I don't like the Dutch people I've met, they've been worse than the Germans, and the Americans. Luckily I haven't met many of any of them. It's 3:30pm and still bucketing down, I have never seen rain like it, its hard to explain.
The rains stopped and I head back to the guest house, firstly eating(makan) in the warung(cafe) over the road.
This blue pen was given to me by Hendra, and he gave me his address to send the photo that I took of him. I'm now eating ekan goreng(fried fish) and nasi putith(rice and vegatables). Very nice, after finishing our food, me and Unus went co-dock(frog) hunting. I call it hunting, but it's just spotting really, I love frogs. I was going to draw them, but Unus kept on walking off with the torch in the middle of the paddy fields. I gave him 1000rp for his trouble, and also so he can buy some dinner.
I know what's going on, but the arrangement suits me fine. It's 11:30pm and I'm sitting outside a warung where Unus is eating, and the mosy's are eating me, even though I'm wearing mosy protection creme. Ah, it appears the cream works on some of them, one just flew straight past my bare arm, he's probably a deavious bugger, and he's doubling back to get me. There clever them nymuk(mosquito's).
Whilst out on search for frogs earlier, we saw 3 varieties, two toad and one frog. I think they were the oriental edible ones, but I'll have to look them up, didn't recognise the toads. I've just remembered that I bought a torch for 3000 rp. hmmm?
Hey, after Unus ate, we nipped around to Mr Amier's house(the ranger) and whilst talking, a tiny brown frog jumped through the room, so I really saw 4 speices, I was very happy.
Just remembered something else, as we were searching earlier for frogs, I caught and held a 'fire fly' or in Indonesian..................Well it looks like I never wrote down the name for that, oh well. I then got back to my room, laid down and went to sleep, with my mosquito net protecting me, bliss.

9 Comments:

Blogger Karel said...

Hai Mikey,
It looks like your vocab had been growing pretty rapidly. It's surreal for me that you know what "ikan goreng" means..so awesome..

I like the mosy net set up..hahaha so classic..and the pictures are great, as always.

I was laughing pretty hard myself when I read about Emily's breast. Must've been hillarious. I don't know if I could've hold it in like you did...(I'm wondering if this event will haunt you later or not..)

take care, teman.

Karel

4:49 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hi Karel, I spell everything wrong don't I, oh well, you understand. Hey, I wish I could remember seeing the boob, but it made me laugh when I typed it, cause I had totally forgot about it, weird. Thanks for commenting, take care teman.
mikey

5:28 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey Cara, this is a nineteen year old Mikey, in this journal I am constantly changing my adolescent mind, of course I like you.

5:40 pm  
Blogger Model citizen said...

Mikey, here's a good question. What, in your opinion, are the biggest differences between American women and English women?

6:42 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey Jessica, I've never had the pleasure of finding out the difference darlin.
Anything else I can help you with?
mikey

7:49 pm  
Blogger Mark T said...

I've got to say Mikey, that I'm enjoying this more than PTs novella. But don't tell him.

10:32 pm  
Blogger lryicsgrl said...

So your friend Unus was eating the frogs? GROSS! I know more wicked things go on this world, but poor young Mikey, good thinking to give him money to eat? ANYTHING else.
Now older Mikey knows Americans are sweet and kind, right? (lol)
Just letting you know still reading!

2:20 am  
Blogger Model citizen said...

Mikey, if I get ever get married (haha) will you come sing at my wedding?

P.S. That article that Rachel was talking about was right on as far as their coverage of HER, but I thought what they said about you was complete horseshit.

1:18 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Cheers Mart, I won't say a word mate.
Hey Lzygrl, no, Unus was taking me out at night, to look for frogs, because I love frogs, I don't know why, he wasn't eating them, what I meant was that some that we saw, were the edible variety, I hope I've cleared that up. Thanks for your comment, it's good to know that you are reading and out there.
Hey Jessica, what do you mean 'if', whether you do or do not, I think will be your choice, you are a beautiful, intelligent girl. Of course I would play at your wedding, and thankyou very much for protecting me, I think your talking about the 'independant' man aren't you. Well, I didn't like it, but its just his opinion, and we've all got that. Thankyou darlin.
mikey

2:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home