30.10.05

30 October 1991, Wednesday




I've nearly been in Java now for a week, I'm relatively brown, I have seen the heart of the earth (the rainforest) and have also organised to go on a three day trip into the thick national park rainforest, the home of the illusive if not athletic white rhino.
So, keeping this in mind, I decided to have a lie in.
I awoke at around 10:30 am then meandered around the place, reading, talking and drinking a lot of tea. Then at around 2:00 pm I headed off to the Krakatau beach hotel's beach, there I met Nita a gorgeous Indonesian girl trying to sell me a piece of material for 10,000 rp (well over). We talked, haggled, joked, fought, only joking we didn't fight. Then I left her, after buying the cloth and a pair of shorts, both totaling 7,000 rp. Oh and I bought some manis, then told the others who I would be going with and time to meet on Friday, about our expedition to the rainforest.
Sat on the beach until 4:00 pm at which time the thick clouds roll overhead, and the skies open their floodgates and let down a torrent.
But knowing of the oncoming soaking, I headed home and got something to eat in the warung opposite. After food me and Unus (his name wasn't Trrr) left and went to his house, there I saw him "Fly to the God", which is Muslim prayer. We then left for the beach (oh, and I bought some soap and flip flops).
The beach was empty, it was sunset and walking back, I started talking to a pretty 18 year old English girl, very rich, very snotty but nice. We arranged to go out for a drink at 7:00 pm (she was with her family and lived in Jakarta, daughter of Ambassador).
I went back, showered and washed my clothes, put on my new shorts and headed off. We went to the local restaurant with her family "the Rays", and had desserts, talked, her father paid (result!) and went back to their very nice beach house, funnily on the beach. At 10:00 pm her parents (by the way, her name is Emily) called the bedtime bell and I left. They also invited me over for dinner tomorrow, fish me thinks.
I returned home along the pitch black beach, and hung out my wet clothes, doused my body with mosquito repellent and noted this boring entry into the chronicles of my expedition across Java "the land of the smile".
Ah, and my stomach problems have cleared up now.
Yeah, I've started becoming a lot more fluent with my diary entries, maybe I'm maturing in the ways of the world, or maybe I'm getting more boring.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

Dear Mikey

You have indeed been to the "heart of the earth". I was in Fiji this past summer & I felt the same way - incredibly "grounded". Almost like there was a difference in the gravitational pull.
No, I'm not strange, just very sensitive (& appreciative) to my surroundings.
I have very little time to spend on the computer & my blog seems to be expanding exponentially.
I have to be selective as to whom I blog with, but I cannot resist your sites!
My children are literally in my face right now, so I have to go!
I will read further when time permits...

Always
Dale

2:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked this entry, though you think it's boring because there are no rats and bugs and gastrointestinal stuff going on, i like the family with the bell...this is real life too, and interesting. by the way, you look like a young sean penn!!
Best wishes from,
"Not really a groupie, just a friendly lazy girl, happily married mom enjoying some alone time on the computer!"

3:05 am  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Cheers Dale, have you put them pictures up yet, I saw the shoe's, I'm waiting for the countryside/nature photos. Thanks for all your great comments on my blog, I'm glad that you are enjoying the whole thing, and I understand about being sensitive, I'm glad your out there, thanks again.
Hi Lzygrl, I'm sorry, do you want to stay anonoumous, well thankyou anyway, I love the comment, I always do, thankyou.I've always thought that about Sean Penn, cool.

1:52 pm  
Blogger Karel said...

Great pictures, Mikey. You do look like a young Sean Penn..lol..that's awesome..

I like how you met up with that girl. Nothing beats a free dinner.. =D

Oh yeah, I wanted to tell you that I get stomach ache and diarrhea too for a few days EVERYTIME I go home. There's something about the food. Maybe it's the coconut milk.

Take care, teman! It sure is a pleasure to read your journal.

Karel

7:17 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hi Cara, I've just typed the new blog, and the dinner was eye catching. Thanks for reading and responding.
Hi Karel, true, nothing beats a free dinner, I wonder whether its just the hot weather and humidity, because it didn't last in me. Cheers for your great comments Karel, you take care too mate, and the pleasure is all mine my friend.
mikey

1:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home