21.11.05

21 November 1991, Thursday.

Woke up to Irvan banging on my window, it was about 9:30am, he walked round the front and came in, we had arranged to have breakfast together, but it was only at this time that I remembered that the guest house provided me with a lovely breakfast. I couldn't see the point in paying again for breakfast, so I explained this to him. He looked a bit annoyed I think, but its no problem.
He left and I ate my breakfast, after finishing that I went to the post office and sent my used camera films and a letter home, that cost me 15000rp. I then ran back to the losmen to get some celotape for the package, I forgot to mention that I had gone out this morning without any shoe's on, and running back to the losmen, and then again back to the post office has really hurt my feet. I walked back to the losmen and went to Sympathy's cafe for some food with a Dutch guy and Patsi and Tantan.
I had decided to take Tatan up on his offer, to visit his home in Tasikmalaya. He is going there today, so I said I'd join him. We both left the losmen at around 3:30pm, and caught the bus to Banjar, and then another to Tasikmalaya.
After getting off the bus, we stopped in a little warung and got some rice pudding, that was very tasty. Then we went to Tantan's home in Tasikmalaya, where I met Agus, another one of Tantan's brothers, he is 21 and expained to me, that it would be possible for me to work here as a teacher of English, and would recieve a very hansome reward, or he said about 300 000rp a month for speaking English for one hour a day, and also if I wanted too, I could charge 5000rp a session for private classes. He said that I could also get a visa, and the living exspences were much lower in Tasikmalaya.
Well, Agus has asked me to stay, so I've put my mosquito net up, and I'll think I'll stay and teach English for a couple of months, that means going to Singapore and renewing my visa.
I'm in no rush to get back to England, I could even rent a room here very cheaply, the foods very cheap and there are no tourists. It seems like a good situation for me to paint, everythings coming together.
I'm lying in bed now, Tantan's sharing the same room with me, neither of us are sleepy, its about 3am, and I'm just dropping off.
I forgot to mention it before, but I've got some real hideous mouth ulcers, about 30 of them, covering the inside of my mouth, must of been due to the snorkel mouth peice, and gripping it in my teeth so hard.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nabonidus said...

I agree with Storm/Cara, this is getting good.I am digging these adventures, and I
wonder what is happening next!
Couldn't help but wonder if the sores in your mouth are from too much citric acids.I know you mentioned the diving mouth piece, but if I eat excessively salty or acidic foods for a prolonged period of time, I get those "mouth ulcers". We always called them canker sores.Soy/fish sauce and certain fruits would do it. Although this is all old news, lol-15 years ago, eh?
xoxoLisa

3:28 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey, I don't want to give anything away, but I do eventually start teaching, and go to Singapore to renew my visa, and I probably fall in love a couple more times, and I return to Carita. Hope that doesn't spoil anything for you.
Thankyou Lisa, it was definately that snorkel mouth-piece, I thought I was going to drown that day, I was real lucky.
Thanks Cara, hope you keep enjoying, it is quite exciting isn't it. Thankyou so much for posting and enjoying. Cheers.
mikey

4:07 pm  
Blogger Model citizen said...

Make sure you include the dirty details!!

6:28 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

I left out really dirty bits so far, I feel funny about writing them down. We'll see as I go, I think I ease up a bit.
Thanks Jessica.
mikey

6:58 pm  
Blogger Karel said...

Ulcers?!? 30 of them!?! Man, that must've been pretty damn annoying..

Looks like everything was lining up perfectly for that teaching job, Mikey. No tourist, cheap living, lots of spare time. That's the life.. =)

I just thought of my bestfriend Agus back in Indonesia when I saw that you had an Agus as a friend too. Well, we actually call him Jambu, which is Indonesian for the fruit Guava. He got that nick cuz he used to bring guava flavored candy everyday in high school. Haha. Poor guy. Such a crappy nickname...

Can't wait for the next entries, Mikey. I want to see the happy faces of the kids you taught English to. =]

Good day!
Karel

7:57 am  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey Karel, thanks for the story of your friend 'Jambu', that's funny. The problem is, that soon I travel to Singapore to renew my visa, I have a great time, but on the journey back to Tasikmalaya, I have my camera stolen. I loss many photo's and the ability to get more. So soon, the photo's dry up, its a real shame, because there was so much I saw, but have no pictures. Sorry mate.
Hope you have a good day mate,
mikey

2:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home