15.11.05

15 November 1991, Friday.




I woke up this morning alone, Oman had gone to his class, and told me yesterday that he wouldn't be back until 10am, I must have awoken at about 9:30am, just enough time for me to write some letters and have a poo.
Eka, Toto, Andreas and Dani turned up at 10am, we all talked, played cards and before long, Oman had arrived, and we all went to breakfast together. After breakfast at the warung(cafe), we returned to Oman's place, sat and sung and talked all day.

At 4pm we all went to the college campus, I wasn't allowed to sit in on the class, shame, so I just waited about, I started talking to some people, and then wrote another letter, and before I knew it the hour and a bit was over. Everyone came out of class and we all went for a walk, we walked up a road famous for jean shops, also the shop fronts, were massive great sculptures, or huge displays, one was a huge batman, that came almost flying out of the shop front, I got a picture, it was brilliant.
We then returned to Oman's, where I took a mandi(wash) and then went to eat at the warung(cafe) with the television. We had some great food, and then stayed and watched television. I made some drawings of 'Teenage Munant Ninja Turtles' for the two boys that lived there, in Indonesia, they call them'Kuru Kuru Ninja'.

Then at about 10pm, we went to Oman's, I feel very sleepy, and yet I've done very little today, also slept really well last night, that's probably why actually, although I've had a very happy day here. Talking is the order of the day here, along with singing and laughing.
I've noticed that my diary entries are getting much shorter, I wonder why?
I don't really, that just made me feel better by filling up an additional line in this journal.
Salamat malam(goodnight).

5 Comments:

Blogger Karel said...

Kura-kura Ninja?!? Hahaha..that's awesome..

Talking and singing all day. Nothing better to spend the day than that..That's what I'm all going to be doing this christmas break. That made me started counting down the days, Mikey. haha..thanks, man...=)

And the warung with the telly in it..one of my friend's mom used to ran one of those...fantastic food..feels homey too, definitely makes you want to stay longer..

You went to "Lifehouse" in Sadler's Wells? Fantastic!! I bet that was so good..I love the bit where Pete said: "This is my show!"..great stuff..so much control in his performance..

Good stuff, Mikey..
Karel P.

8:06 pm  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Aha! A warung is a cafe! That was about the only word I've really been hung up on.I know Mikey bought stuff from a warung before, I couldn't figure out if it was like a liquor store, grocery store, or restaurant. Or all of the above.

Did you guys hear about the earthquakes off the coast of Japan yesterday/today?
7.2 I think I heard. Sucks. :(
In that article about the underwater city it mentioned that the earthquakes in fact have been the big problem all along, with trying to study the city.
Bums me out. :(

BTW, Mikey, I like the way you
could just freely speak in this language, when you were in the attic.
Sounded very cool. You seemed like you were fluent.

2:07 am  
Blogger Karel said...

Mikey spoke Indonesian in The Attic?!? Man, I missed it..which episode is it? I haven't been able to see any of the last two episodes in its entirety...I hope its the latest one that's still in loop..I hope I hope...grrrr...

Let me knowwwww...
Karel

5:41 am  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Aw, Karel, I think it was the one before this one!Sorry! Although Mikey would have to confirm that. It sounded very musical to me.That's actually what made me suddenly more interested in this language.Sounded very cool.
And I Hope all's well for you Mikey!

xoxo Lisa

3:31 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey Karel, kura kura ninja, I love it, I took my newphew Ryan to see the films when he was a kid, and I had an excuse too.
What a life, I'm really jealous of you, going back at christmas or Hari natal. I used to love them little warungs too, what times.
The Lifehouse show was amazing mate, totally awesome.
Hi Cara, I usually draw for children, what ever they want, I find it easy, and they think it's great, everyone's happy. Thanks.
Hi Lisa, thanks for the comment, about my Indonesian, I always thought that I had become pretty fluent, but it has been very many years, and my memory lets me down.
Hey Karel, don't worry about it mate, I got a bit confused and didn't speak it very well. I actually told a joke in Indonesian, the one about the two friends sitting in one of there houses, one friend says to the other friend, do you have many mosquito's living here? His friend says, no, only one mosquito lives here, but he has many friends.;; Anyway, you didn't miss much teman.
So, thanks everyone, all's well.
mikey

4:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home