16.11.05

16 November 1991, Saturday.




This morning I awoke at 10am, alone again. I was dying for a poo, but there was no water left in the reservoir, so I had to hold it. Some children where playing outside Oman's house, I went out and took some photo's of the three boys and waited for Oman to come back.
Oman returned holding some bags, he had got up early and done my washing, which wasn't lovely enough of him, apparently.

We went out for breakfast, bought some cake thingy's and returned to Oman's. We sat around for a bit, then Eka and Toto turned up, at around 2pm we all went to the supermarket. I bought some pencils, paper, coffee, sugar and a craft knife. The coffee and sugar I gave to Oman, as a thankyou for letting me stay and treating me well.
We then went to a different warung(cafe) and had some lunch, lovely, and then all returned to Oman's. Toto left us on the way back to Oman's, I said my goodbye's, he has been very friendly, Eka came back with me and Oman, we sat around talking, and I drew a picture of Eka, got the foot all wrong, but otherwise a good representation.

It was around 5:30pm, I was reading by guide book and realised that I had to book my ticket for Singapore well in advance, I told the others, and they said they could sort it out. So, we all headed off into the centre of Bandung, to find a tour opperator, or booking agent.
No luck, there seemed to be nothing of the kind there, although we did have a really good time walking around and going in all the shops, apparently, that's what they do here on a saturday night.
We returned on a small bus, had a sit down and then went and got dinner in the local warung(cafe) at around 9pm. Returned to Oman's after the evening meal, and as a treat for me I suppose, we listened to the BBC world news on the radio, weird to hear English voices again. I wrote this all up, and pulled on my sleeping bag.
Salamat malam(Goodnight).

3 Comments:

Blogger Nabonidus said...

These pictures, drawings and paintings are beautiful. I love the ones in the previous entry, especially the one that I think is Asna. Not sure, though. It had a different name underneath. I also like these sketches, it shows the art in process, which I think is neat.
BTW, I know what it's like to be camping in the desert and have to hold # 2. It's not a comfortable feeling! That's the only downside to camping.Lack of bathrooms. Unless you camp in a campground area. I'm talking about roughing it, though. The best kind of camping.
Hope things are ok for you and Rene, Mikey! I'm a little worried for Rene
and her Dad, I admit.
xoxoLisa

3:42 pm  
Blogger lryicsgrl said...

Did you know that Scientist recently discovered a new species of man in Indonesia. They are the smallest Human bones ever recovered. My ten year old just learned this.

I love the new pics here. I've said it before, but you really have a gift for travel. Are you so easy going still?

PS What ski destinations are you & Rene deciding on? IF I could be of any help, I'll be happy to try. I'm not an expert, but I have lots of friends who are expert snowboarders.

Happy travels
xx
Susie

7:04 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey Lisa, thanks for your concern about Rene and her Dad, I haven't been able to comment on my blog for days because I was quite worried, and didn't want to voice any fears. But it seems that Rene's dad is getting better now. So spirits have risen.
Great to hear you love rough'n it, I love wild places, but Rene isn't quite as acustomed to it, so we go to places with toilets and showers, but she is getting the bug of the rough, little by little. Thanks for all your lovely comments Lisa, and cheers for caring.
Hi there Cara, that's good to know, I glad this one took your fancy, I know what you mean, sometimes, its just all about the day, I don't think I'm making any sense, anyway thanks for leaving your comment.
Hey Susie, I saw a TV show about the Hobbits, great wasn't it, there's still some really little people in Indonesia.
As for ski-ing destinations, I am still a beginner at snowboarding, and Rene is a beginner at ski-ing, so what do you think?
thanks.
mikey

4:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home