9.12.05

9 December 1991, Monday.


Begrudgingly shook off a dream I was having, where I was photographing a gorgeous semi-nude blonde model. That certainly was a painful thing to do.
I opened my eye's with a smile on my face, turned to get out of bed, and saw Agus and Edang both asleep on the other bed, and my smile vanished. I got up and checked the time, it was 7:30am. I went and had a mandi, the girls that were up and around the house didn't say anything to me, there is an awful atmosphere here. I went back to my room and got dressed, it was 7:50am, and my first class today was at 8am. I walked into the lounge and said goodbye, but Lia was the only one who said goodbye to me, I left for school.
In my morning class, I was solidly going through the alphabet, and pronouciation, which I think is probably the most important thing I can teach them. I enjoyed the lesson, and felt some progress had been made.
I finished the lesson and headed for Aji's, on the way getting some noodles at the side of the road, I was really hungry. Got to Aji's and waited for his friend to arrive, Aji's friend still hadn't arrived by 12:30pm, Aji said that he was waiting so that all of us could go to his friends wedding, we left, but it took ages to get there, and almost as soon as we arrived, I had to go and teach my 1 o'clock class back at the school. I felt really bad, because Aji came back with me.
I took the class, met some more guy's in my class who invited me back to there house for some food, I jumped at the chance of staying away from Pabrik es.
On the way to where we were going, we walked past a house being built, the fresh smell of concrete reminded me of home, back when we were having a extension built, many happy memories flashed through my mind, and for a minute, I longed to be home with my family.
I returned to Pabrik es, then went straight out again, and met Asep, we went to a girls house and watched 'Miami Vice' on the television. We left there and went walking again, only to return to Pabrik es at about 9:30pm.
I just remembered that I hadn't gone back to see Aji like I said I would, I really hope that I haven't upset him, he's already my best friend here.
I'll go and see him tomorrow, and apolagize.
I sitting in the lounge on my own, nobodies talking to me, it's quite awkward, I think I'll go to bed.

5 Comments:

Blogger lryicsgrl said...

The blonde in your dream, was your desire for home. The loving comfort of the familiar.
Sorry you were having a hard time.
You still seem optimistic, that comes through.
You really learned a lot, didn't you?

PS Mikey, thank you for being such an accessible soul.
We need more people like you in the world. In fact I think this blog is really full with good, open souls. It is reassuring.

xo

6:30 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Thankyou Susie, I'm glad you think so, it's a pleasure. May I say, I believe you are also for seeing such a thing, and mentioning it. Thankyou Susie, take care.
mikey

6:40 pm  
Blogger lryicsgrl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:59 pm  
Blogger Claire Eliza said...

Oi, I don't like reading about you being sad in Indonesia.
I don't have much patience so teaching would be very hard for me. Especially teaching someone the English language.
You did so unbelievably well at the Basement Jam. You're voice gives me a shiver down my spine it's so good.
xxx
- claire -

2:37 am  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Thanks Susie, you must use my music blog for that stuff. But thanks though.

Hi Claire, don't worry, it was 14 years ago, but thanks for your concern and your lovely words, take care.
mikey

5:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home