6.12.05

4 December 1991, Wednesday.




Got up at 7am, had a mandi, then ate some breakfast and then rushed to school by bechak. I arrived at school on time, and took my class, it all went really well I think. After the class had ended, all the students stayed and we all had a chat, as one by one everyone left, one very pretty student gave me her address.
Everyone had left, so I did the same and walked home. On the way back, I stopped and watched a game being played on the side of the street. Two men with a crowd of all ages surrounded them played a game similar to the game of 'conkers' that children play in England. Both men had a small dark nut, which they put in a wooden contraption, like a frame, then smashed the two nuts together, when the frame was opened, it showed one of the nuts was smashed, some money changed hands, and someone else stepped forward with his nut.
I carried on back to the house, stopping at a shop on the way back. I bought some soap and a toothbrush, the women that served me, offered me a room, and said it would be a lot cheaper than the place I was staying in now, I thanked her, and left. Everyone wants me to live with them.
I eventually made it back to Pabrik es, had another mandi, had some more food and then returned to the school for my class at 1pm. I was really tired, Agus had come with me, and had been talking to Aman while I had been teaching. I finished the class, even more tired than before, and walked back with Agus, on the way an old guy on a scooter stopped and started talking to us, he asked if he could come back to the house with us, I was really tired and didn't really want the company, so I said that we were going straight to play volley ball, and not going straight home.
This plan back fired on me though, because he said,"I'll come and play with you." Which is what he did. We all played, I got even more tired and thirsty, and when the game was eventually finished he followed us back to the house, I was so tired though, when we got home, I had some food and then went straight to sleep, leaving him to talk to Tantan and Agus.
I awoke, very hot and feaverish, then a headache, tried to sleep again, but kept changing from hot to cold, and then hot again. I slept on and off from 6pm through to 2am.
I then had a poo and a drink and went back to bed, still going through the hot and cold thing, feeling quite weak, seem to be feeling even worse now, whats going on.
Back to bed.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's nice to hear you dont mind tellin people about your bodily functions, some people are quite discreet about that, just shows your happy and open about your- self. aslong as you dont breathe through your anus like that animal does ha ha ha
love ya blog buddy
love Lucy (tammy girl)

3:32 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Apparently it's some type of Turtle, but I know what you mean, ha. Yes, I'm very open aren't I, no shame me, I'm glad your not affended, take care blog buddy,
and I hope you have a beautiful birthday.
mikey

3:46 pm  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Hmm...wondering about this illness. Not a good place to get sick.
Heh, but it also struck me while you were playing volleyball " Ah, youth. Could he play volleyball today in such an exhausted state? Keep up the fib today?" Me thinks no. lol Today you'd tell him " Look, mate, I'm just not up for company right now, I'm tired."
But maybe I'm wrong. Onto the next chapter...

4:41 pm  
Blogger Kara said...

Hi Mikey, It's nice to see you updated your journal (I know you've probably been busy) I really liked the sketch at the top. Is he you or someone you met in your travels? He seems so alone. It kind of reminds me of the Pink character from Pink Floyds The Wall :)

5:05 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hi Lisa, hi Kara, sorry this it late, I had real problem's with the word verification when I tried to reply the other day, I'll catch up soon, thanks.
mikey

2:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home