3.12.05

3 December 1991, Tuesday.


I cracked open my sleep cemented eyes, flicked my tongue across my dry, sharp lips, and drew in a large breath. My eye's scanned from left to right, running across the interior surface of my mosquito net. I let the breath go, it cooled my wet lips as it rushed from my nose. I pulled my legs up, found the opening of my protective net with my left hand, and got up.
I had some breakfast at around 10:30am, and then a mandi, then lazed around until miday.
At 12:30pm, I left the house with Agus, and made for the telephone office, and phoned home(back in England), so that I could give my Mum the address here, I had realised that the letter's I had sent home would arrive just as I was leaving to Singapore. I will need to go to Singapore to renew my visa, if I want to stay longer.
On the way back from the telephone office, I stopped by the school, but there were no students, so I returned to Pabrik es and ate again.
At 2:40pm I went back to the school to teach my class 4, I don't know what happened to my class 3, that I was supposedd to teach earlier. I had a really good laugh with class 4, they were a lot of fun, the class finished and I said goodbye. Asep was waiting for me outside with another friend of his. We introduced ourselves, his name is Aji, and one of the first things he said to me whilst walking his cool motorbike down the road, was, do you want to fight me. His face was scarred and worn, he wore a black leather jacket and a white ti-shirt, jeans and black boots, and he was wearing shades. He looked like an Indonesian fonzie, from 'Happy Days' on the television.
I hesitated for a second, then accepted his challenge with a smile, he laughed and refused, he then invited me to live at his house. We carried on walking, and soon came to his house, it was really cool, a bit of a ruin, filled with motorbikes and tool's, I loved it.
I returned back to the house on Pabrik es, had another mandi and some food, and then left again to talk to the Punlak Silat teachers, that's the mystical local martial art. They weren't there, and some one said that they were both ill, hmmmm, weird eh.
So we just walked back to the house, Asep also told me that the guy who he had arranged to fight me today, couldn't do it, he didn't say why though.
We got back to the house, Asep came in, and with Agus, we sat around talking, as I was in the company of male adults, I brought up the subject of masterbation, a very taboo subject here, I suppose it is back in England as well, but not amongst friends, anyway, we all had a good laugh, and I went to bed at about midnight.
Salamat tidure.

7 Comments:

Blogger lryicsgrl said...

I see you are flexing your writing muscles.
Loved the opening to this journal entry.
Painting an honest picture is so hard to do. You are doing a great job.

4:50 pm  
Blogger Karel said...

This Aji guy seems pretty interesting bloke. Is this the guy that you finally stayed with?!? Sounds like he has a pretty cool house..

Hmmm..masturbation, huh?!? Yeah..I don't think it was too taboo between my friends. Well, then again, all of my friends are psychopaths..hahaha..

Salam, teman..
Karel

5:36 am  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

I liked " he looked like an Indonesian Fonzie". lol
I had to wonder why no one wanted to fight you or why the Punlak Silat teachers were ill suddenly, though.
Kinda odd.Wonder if some gossip was going around about you, Mikey.
Hey, I'm caught up again!
xoLisa
p.s. It took me about 5 minutes to stop giggling over that last entry. :)

4:42 pm  
Blogger Kevin Seegan said...

You would have kicked that bloke's ass, huh. That fonz thing was pretty funny. I can imagine an indonesian guy with a bouffant goin "Eeeeyyyyy". Hahaha. KOT, and cant wait to hear the next entry.

10:13 pm  
Blogger Kid Ric said...

Hey Mikey,

I've been slackin' on reading your journal. Sorry! Very interesting stuff. Thanks.

Peace, love and light.

8:13 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Thanks Susie, I really enjoyed that begining as well, I wonder why it happen's so infrequently.
mikey

Hey Karel, Aji turned out to be a great friend, he was really cool, so was the house. All my friends too teman.
mikey

Hi Lisa, he was totally like an Indonesian Fonzee, and I think everyone wanted to fight me because I was huge in comparison, and from England, actually that doesn't help does it, I think about that one some more. Really glad that you hooked again, sorry I've slacked off a bit, but everythings up to date again now.
mikey

3:16 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey Kevin, of course I would have mate. I was much bigger than everyone there, they were pretty tough dudes though. That bloke Aji really was like fonzee, though he didn't have a quiff, or say 'eheeeey', but everything else.
Glad your lovin these, hope you enjoy the new ones.
mikey

Hey Kid ric, glad to hear you been reading, I've slacked off a bit myself, and have only just posted up the last few days, hope you can read them. Thanks mate.
mikey

3:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home