2.12.05

2 December 1991, Monday.




Opened my eye's, slightly cold, and saw and heard Lea waking me up, pulled one side of my sleeping bag over my chest, I always sleep with it wide open. I pulled my legs up, swung round and crawled out of my mosquito net. It was 6:30am, I had a mandi(wash) and then a large breakfast, slung on my clothes and headed for the pre-pat school, and my first proper lesson at 8am.
The class went really well, I explained the pronouciation of the English alphabet, then some key phrases that I wrote on the blackboard like,"Hello, how are you?"
The lesson finished very quickly, they were my class 1, very nice bunch. I then went home and ate again, had another mandi, and then returned to the school at 1pm for my second class.
Class 2 weren't so good, a couple of guy's in the back were making trouble, but most of the girl's in the group were really attractive.
I went through much of the same things as the first class, finished and walked home with Asep. Before I left, I went into the office and signed the receipt for my first 75000rp, my first months wages, they gave me the money and I left.
I had another mandi(I'm not clean enough) and then ate again, then sat around talking with Agus and Asep, they have organised a fight for me tomorrow with some other master of a local style. I'm obviously not going to be slaughtered enough again, oh well, I just hope I can write my journal tomorrow, I don't know why I agree to these things, why can't I back down, we'll see tomorrow.
Asep left at about 9:30pm, I just happened to pick my nose and eat it, and everyone was nearly sick, I found this very funny.
I had another little bite to eat, and by 11pm I was completely exhausted and decided to go to bed, I laid in bed for ages, wrote my journal and eventually got to sleep.

13 Comments:

Blogger Kara said...

Surprising that someone is so clean that they take 3 baths (mandi's) a day but feel compelled to pick their nose and eat it. eeeeeeeeewwwwwww!!! lol. But I suppose there are worse habits :)

4:58 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey Kara & Cara, I don't pick my nose anymore, and can't even remember picking it in the past, but I wrote it, so it must have happened, I think it's pretty horible now too.
To Cara, 75000 Indonesian rupee's was about $50, back then, I'm sure it's different now.
mikey

6:16 pm  
Blogger Model citizen said...

Mikey was a booger eater! Nanny nanny boo boo (American teasing phrase)!!

When you were talking about the attractive girls in the class, I was reminded of the video "Hot For Teacher" by Van Halen, and almost laughed out loud.

8:10 pm  
Blogger Kevin Seegan said...

hahaha diggin' for gold, eh? Classy, haha. That must be fun teaching in another country. KOT.

-Kevin

10:22 pm  
Blogger Claire Eliza said...

I think the nose picking is halarious. Haha, shows how mature I am...
Did you ever listen to music when you were there? Like, do you have a special song that you listened to a lot then that you listen to now and think back about your times there?
xxx
- claire -

11:37 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey Jess, you made me laugh, but it was almost in complete opposition, really. Thanks.

12:26 am  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey Kevin, what can I say. It was great fun, I used to learn more Indonesian from them than they learnt English from me, I taught them how to prounouce better.
Keep on truckin'
mikey

12:29 am  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hi Claire, glad you enjoy the nose picking, everyone else is giving me a hard time, I don't remember doing it though, but I probably done it just to anoy them.
There was some music I listened to alot, it was John Lennon, it had 'Jealous guy' and 'Instant Karma'.
Although I never took a walkman or anything, but my Dad sent me one for Christmas, with loads of other stuff. It was a really cheap, nasty one, but it was great.
I remember that when I went to Singapore, which is just before Christmas, I went into a record shop and listened to music all day with the headphones, because I hadn't heard the bands I loved for so long.
So John Lennon really reminds me of my time there, but I can't link events with songs, especially with headphones. I remember thinking that he was a shaman or something.
Thanks for commenting Claire.
mikey

12:38 am  
Blogger Karel said...

Hahaha..I don't know which side I should take, Mikey. Booger picking is very practical and necessary. And, I remember Rachel saying in "The Attic" that people that eat their booger have higher immunity to diseases..so..I think you have something justifying your booger eating incident..LOL I still don't know though..

I like the picture of the dragonfly, btw..that one's huge!

Selamat malam,
Karel

12:51 am  
Blogger Claire Eliza said...

Hey Mikey, thats ironic, the whole John thing. John's one of my favourite musicians - one of my first loves - and if you've read my blog lately i just posted about him! Great to hear that you listen to him, too! = )

xx
- claire -

2:17 am  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey Karel, I know what you mean about the booger eating thing, what can I say, I was young, impetuous, arrogant and hungry.
Hey, well done Karel, I wondered if anyone would see him in the middle there, I was going to blow the picture up, but it just made it pixilated, he was massive, well spotted though, you obviously have the artist's eye teman. Thanks mate.
mikey

Hi Claire, how cool, I'll be over in a flash, thanks.
mikey

1:30 pm  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

LOLLOLLOL...I particularly liked:
"I just happened to pick my nose and eat it, and everyone was nearly sick, I found this very funny.
I had another little bite to eat, and by 11pm I was completely exhausted and decided to go to bed"
LOL
IOW, I picked my nose, ate it, had some more, by then I was full, and I fell asleep.LOLLOL
ah,that was a good laugh! Thanks, man!
xoLisa
p.s. I noticed the Dragon fly too, wow!

4:36 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Glad you enjoyed it Lisa, thanks for posting, amazing Dragon fly wasn't it. mikey

3:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home