28.11.05

28 November 1991, Thursday.


Last night's dream ; I was flying around the streets that I lived back in England, but all the road's had become canals, then I saw the Dutch guy Eric, and stopped and helped him build a mosquito net, I can't really remember anything else about it.

I waved goodbye to my sleeping hours, and welcomed my awoken one's. It was 10am, I had some breakfast, and then my usual morning mandi. Sat around for a bit, mostly writing and drawing.
Then the principle of the pre-pat school came round with the contract. I read it through, said that I thought it was ok, and then with Agus, followed the principle back to the school.
I took another class, in which they asked me to explain my principles, I wasn't completely sure what they meant, so I confidently spoke about my take on the whole meaning of life, they must have been so bored. I finished the lesson, everyone seemed happy enough, and then went into the principles office and then signed the contract, and my next three months, hmmm.

Went back to the house by bechak, in as it turned out to be, the biggest thunder and lightning storm I had ever witnessed, it was incredible.
Back at the house, its already dark and only 6pm, I was sure I was going to take my first private group lesson today, but it obviously appears not, well I hope not, I really tired now, I'm just writing a letter to my friend Lee back in England.

Asep and Aman came around, I soon woke up, and decided to go and post the letters that I have written, it was around 8:30pm, but they both assured me that the post office would still be open. They were wrong as it turned out, so we just went out for a walk, but coming back, they took me to the house of the teacher of the local style and mystic force.
They were very welcoming, and asked me to watch there training session, where the teacher had to young pupils performing a walking kator(set of movements) up and down the yard, while the teacher apparently moved them, with the power of his mind or something, it was like a wave hitting the children, and at one time they were dragged along the floor.
I kept thinking that it was some kind of hoax, and was trying to figure out how it was being done, but as I questioned what I was seeing, I couldn't find an answer. The teacher was moving his hand and they were getting pushed that way, the children were walking away from the teacher and could not see him. I was very curious and asked to feel his power, but he said that I couldn't take it, and it would hurt me. He did though, agree to a little contest, to see whether his style could challenge my boxing abilities.

We started, his face changed, his eye's became bigger and bulged out, his tongue kept flicking out and he moved around, and very close to the floor, it was very strange, like not fighting a man at all. Then quick as a flash, he moved in close to me and stood up and grabbed by pectoral muscal(one side of the chest), and twisted it. It was agony, and I stepped back, it was no contest, I couldn't touch him.
He said he could cure the pain in my chest, and wiped his hand over the area, which done absolutely nothing to help the still burning pain, but soon after it did go.
He showed me something else, he gave me a bottle of fanta drink, and told me to slap the cap of the bottle with my palm, I did and nothing happened. He then gave me a pebble that he had been gripping all the time he was explaining. He told me to grip it hard for a while and then repeat the exercise with the bottle, and sure enough, when I did, the bottom of the bottle fell off. Whether I was duped or not, I can never tell, but everyone here believes it.
I asked if I could learn, and they smiled and said yes, and then asked me to offer a price I would be willing to pay. I don't bloody know! I didn't say that, but thought it, said that I'd see them again and goodbye.

Went back to the house, very tired, and headed straight for my bed, but as I put my hand down on it, I realised it was soaking wet, my pillow was drenched as well.
So I pulled out my sleeping bag, which is completely water proof, laid that on the bed, climbed in and went to sleep, no problem.

16 Comments:

Blogger Kara said...

I've been really busy these past few days, but had time to catch up on your past few entries this morning. You seem so homesick, it must have been such a culture shock, Indoneisa compared to England. I admire your courage at 19 to go by yourself to live in such a far away place. I don't know that I could do that now, in my old age of 30 never mind 19 :)

I'm sure it was a great experience to have been a part of another culture. I suppose you don't get that in depth on just a week or two vacation.

5:43 pm  
Blogger Model citizen said...

Those tricks sound really cool!

P.S. Mikey, do you like David Blaine?

6:21 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hi Kara, thanks for catching up. It's true, I learnt more than language there, I learnt how to exist among other people, and how to not offend them, how to eat and act, it was all totally different. There's no way you can learn these things on vacation, because you don't have to.
I think that I was very brave then, I think it would be harder for me now. Thanks for posting, I'm really enjoying living my travels again, I'd forgotton so much.
mikey

6:40 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey Jessica, I know what you are thinking, and I thought the same, but there were many things that I saw that are harder to explain. Maybe I was suckered, but first I think you should ask Karel about this, he know's about this, everyone in Indonesia does. What I do know, is that there were camera tricks or quickness of the hand, these things were normal out there.
Do I sound a bit nutty?
Ask Karel about it Jessia.
Thanks for posting, although you think I'm a gullable fool,
mikey

6:47 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey Cara, thanks for posting, I ended up having to come home after four months, after a bit of adventure.
That teacher was only a young bloke, but he got tremendous respect, and he really did change when we fought, his movement was incredible.
mikey

11:01 pm  
Blogger Kevin Seegan said...

That's incredible... do you still have that pebble? GMAS!

-Kevin

2:47 am  
Blogger Karel said...

Becaks are awesome, aren't they, Mikey? Those things are cool..

I don't know if you want me to tell stories about the mystics down there, Mikey. It's pretty scary and bizzare stuff. I've been telling people around here, and they think I'm a former mental health institution resident..

LOL,
Karel

8:01 am  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey Kevin, no mate, or at least I do not remember, but it sounds like the kind of thing I would have kept. Oh well, cheers for the shout mate. KOT

Hi Karel, I remember asking if I could take the bechak driver for a ride, so that I could try it out, it was really hard work mate.
Hey Karel, please tell Jessica, she thought I was being taken in by those guys, people think I'm a bit crazy now I think. But if you witness it for yourself, it's a lot harder to ignore isn't it.
Thanks very much for posting and reading, you have the chance to back me up here Karel, but no pressure mate, only joking teman.

mikey

12:56 pm  
Blogger Model citizen said...

I totally believe in magic! I don't think you're a sucker. I LOVE that kind of stuff!

My question for today is, how in the heck did you afford to be able to stay down there at your leisure? Did you save for a few years?

1:19 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hi Jessica, thank the stars, I thought that you thought, anyway, thankyou for clearing it up for me.
In answer to your question, I used to work after college in a night club,just collecting glasses, so I saved a bit from that, and I sold my VW beetle, my Mum and Dad gave me a little money, and I got some money from my Nan when she died a year before. The return flight cost me £500, and I had $800, which was all my money in the world. I done well getting that together, but it was with the help of my parents, I think they gave me £250. I was on quite a serious budget, but I spent more in the first two weeks than any other time, and I realise soon that I must renew my visa in Singapore. By the end of my journey, I come home with $50, but living in Tasikmalaya, I was only spending a couple of pound a week, if that, and was getting $50 a month from the school.
I hope this answers your question Jessica, if there's anything else, just give me a shout.
Thanks for the question and comment, take care.
mikey

2:08 pm  
Blogger Model citizen said...

That's very interesting. I don't think I would budget very well living away for so long. Good job!

4:24 pm  
Blogger JoeBoy said...

Wow, I would love to have seen that. I have really enjoyed this blog. You make it seem like a movie I am watching.

6:06 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey Jessica, I sure you would have made a perfect job, it's easy when you have to. Thanks for asking.

Hi Joeboy, it was amazing mate, and quite hard to explain, anyway thanks for watching mate.
mikey

1:05 am  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

I believe you, in fact, when you said
sOmething like " They were being dragged along the ground and I couldn't figure out how they were doing it" I got seriously creeped out.
I could totally picture it.
I believe you. I'm old enough, seen enough, and read enough to believe it.
That would have blown my mind. But it now makes more sense as far as my ex had told me once that all the various Asians at his company, Laotians, Vietnamese, Cambodian (scary stories of magic there)...they all have a weird reverence for magic. He thought it was weird, I don't. And even he had to admit that the Cambodian guy got to him with certain scary stories about Cambodian magic men, witches. I always wanted to see Angkor Wat, btw.
xoLisA

4:44 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey thanks Lisa, everybody out there know's someone or has heard of magic effecting them. It's hard to remember exactly how I felt at the time, I heard so really weird stuff, about people in more remote villages where tourist's weren't allowed to go.
Thanks for posting this up, I was beginning to think everyone thought I was a bit crazy.
mikey

5:30 pm  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Nope, ye ain't crazy. Actually, these remind me of that ancient Fleetwood mac
song that goes something like " Seem's like a dream...got me hypnotised"
And he makes a reference to men flying way down in Mexico, etc. I know he was
talking about the Yaqui Indians. Freaked me out when I heard it. Yep,
Fleetwood mac does a song about this sort of thing. Magic in the way off places.Makes me want to go download that song. I got the idea that maybe they had a freaky experience somewhere touring.It's kind of a little story.:)

8:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home