12.12.05

12 December 1991, Thursday.


I got out of bed at 10am, had a mandi and went to the toilet, didn't have any breakfast, just packed up my gear and said goodbye, all friends again, once I was leaving. I flagged down a bechak, and arrived at my new home at around miday, I was at Aji's house, Jalan Lengkong Panyerutan No. 11, Tasikmalaya.
When I got there, Aji was working on some blokes motorbike, I took my stuff upstairs, just really throughing it down, then came back downstairs and all three of us went out on the motorcycles. I went on the back of Aji's friends bike, we visited some of Aji's friends who lived out of town, stayed there for around two hours talking, then with them friends as well, now forming a small convoy headed onto another friends house. We rode around in the pouring rain, and I was even allowed to ride a scooter, it felt pretty dangerous but I loved it. I managed to have some breakfast along the way, and headed back to Aji's by around 4pm.
After unpacking my stuff and putting up my mosquito net, we both walked to Pabrik Es, where I was supposed to visit the couple who had envited me to the rubber plantation, but they had gone to the doctor's, so I missed them.
On the way back to Aji's house I bought some side dishes in the warung, we took them back to Aji's where he already had a pot of rice, we dished up a meal for us both. It was gorgeous, and a relief not to be living in Pabrik Es No. 12 anymore.
Asep turned up, and we all chatted for a while, it was getting late, and Asep went home. I started writing today's entry, and listened to some Sunda music that Aji played on a small cassette machine, I got in my sleeping bag, inside my mosquito net, and settled down to sleep.

6 Comments:

Blogger lryicsgrl said...

One door closes, & another opens.
Glad you found comfort in your other friends.

PS..removed my offense, it is in rightful place now!

Be well!

xo
S

7:33 pm  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

I can almost bet that even though it was new surroundings, you probably slept a lot better that night! Amd the food sounded great, yum.
Hey,Pigeon song just ended!That was so neat, thanks again, Mikey ( I'd just turned the loop on again , and caught it!lol)!It really was cute, the way everyone in chat said "Hey!Lisa!" They'd all known I was hoping you'd play it:)
Anyway, glad things are ok with you.
Present day, lol
xoxolisa

7:34 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey thanks Susie, things just get better and better now.
mikey

1:38 am  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hi Lisa, yeah, everything just gets better now, you are right, I slept better, felt better. I should have done it sooner.
Thanks I fine in the present, and pleased that you enjoyed Pigeon, I remember thinking, just as I started singing that song, wow, I'm singing this better than I ever song it before live, it was a cool feeling. Take care.
mikey

1:41 am  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hi Cara, I really did enjoy that day, plus they let me ride a scooter of my own for a bit, which was really cool and scary, especially in hard driving rain. I was young and fearless.
Thanks for posting, take care.
mikey

1:44 am  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Hey you know what, Mikey? The funny power of the internet - right as you were singing and thinking " I'm singingthis better than I ever have"
People were literally saying the exact same thing in the chat, I swear thousands miles away. In fact, all through your set, right from the beginning, everyone kept saying how great you sounded, how on you were.
The basement jam was very cool.
It's funny, if I may say , you talk about Rene being a clever girl ( and you can totally tell just from reading her blog that it's true:). But you're songwriting skills are clever! Some of your strongest ( imo) word skills are in My Pigeon Friend. Plastecine, too.
Actually, I don't recall that I've heard some of the songs other people
have mentioned( Feel my heat or...?
There was another one too).
Anyway, thanks again Mikey, Pigeon song makes me happy when I hear it.:)
xoLisa

1:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home