26.10.05

26 October 1991, Saturday.


Last nights sleep was very good, and the morning was fresh. I had bread and coffee for my breakfast and gave some thought to sorting out my future.
Apparently Stove, is actually Steve, I misheard him before. Well, Brendan, Steve and I all started out together, then we got a bit lost, Steve decided he was better off on his own, and left. Brendan and I found our feet, and went off to find the national museum, people in Jakarta just come up and talk to you, which was brilliant because I managed to find out how to get to the bus station, and nearly everwhere. We done the museum, great stuff, but just like any museum around the world. Then at 1pm we headed off for the old Dutch capital 'Kota', Indonesia used to be a Dutch coloney. Got to Kota, had a good look around and met a guy called 'Abdul', he showed us everywhere, he was the nicest bloke in the world, but I think he only had eye's for my brown one. We all went to the Jakarta seafront, and an amusement park, didn't go in, then moved on to some bars. We made it back to our place on Jalan Jaksa by 9pm. On getting back we spoke to an Indonesian guy who promised us a much better room, and food for the same money, so we got our gear and went there. We then met a French and a Dutch guy, who were already staying at the new place. We all went out together to a local cafe/bar and got very drunk.
Its never gone below 100 F, but hardly any sun, also all the girls keep smiling at me, this is good. Although today in Kota, I bought some noodles from a little street trader, and I'm now convinced that I ate rat. Hmm nice. Now to sleep.

8 Comments:

Blogger Model citizen said...

HAHAHAHA @ the 'he only had eyes for my brown one.'

Getting drunk in 100 degree weather? Sounds fucking fantastic! Not to mention I love that foreign, odd feeling you get when you're in a different world, and you're just walking around, absorbing it all.

3:36 pm  
Blogger Model citizen said...

Storm, I have heard several times (and I really try to stay away from misinformed stereotypes) that the more yellow the dog, the better tasting and more expensive they are to serve. Unfortunately I stumbled across a PETA-like site once and saw some photos that made my heart bleed and my eyes tear up. I'm a huge dog-lover and I can't even imagine...seriously.

I'd put my tactical gear on and storm the cages...letting all those little darlings out.

4:26 pm  
Blogger Kid Ric said...

Hi Mikey,
Rat? Gee wiz dude. Was it tasty? arghh, spit....schewww!
Peace.

5:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god, a rat, mikey!! have they never heard of a macdonalds or pizza express over there!!
u must ave been hank marvin (starvin) was it tasty!!
nice to hear you got on with some french and dutch people!!
and also you got bladderd!!
nice one blog buddy!!
love lucy (tammy girl) keep up the fabulous blog!!

6:19 pm  
Blogger jillytee said...

Oh Mikey are you sure , RAT yuk thats so gross!!! were you ill? love the journal... it's all those lovely words like Jakarta and Jalan Jaksa....so colourful

9:21 pm  
Blogger lryicsgrl said...

mikey
so glad this journal is written in the past. i think i would really be worried about you!

3:55 am  
Blogger JoeBoy said...

Interesting to see a younger Mikey's thoughts and perceptions.

9:32 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hi Jessica, your dead right, and when writing out this blog from the old battered journal, I've realised that there's a lot of information that I missed, I still remember things that I never wrote in the journal, like smell, and taste and all them millions of things that you just take as read. But i think, I'll just type it out, as it is. Thanks for stopping by.
Hey Kid ric, it was very nice actually, what made me wonder, was a small bone in the bottom of my dish, well it looked like a tail bone. Thanks for your comment.
Hiya Lucy, there was Mcdonalds and Pizza hut and KFC, but I could have eaten all that junk in London, so I chose to sample the culinary delights of Indonesia, like rat. Ha, ha . I didn't know what it was. Course I got bladdered. Thanks blog buddy.
Hi Jill, I was ok, thanks for your concern. I'm glad you like the blog, it just gets better.
Thanks Lzygrl, I know exactly what you mean, it's weird typing it out.
Hi Joeboy, keep reading mate, it gets really freaky. Thanks for your comment.
Thanks to everyone thats read the blog, I'm a bit slow on the comment responces, but I'll get there.
mikey

2:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home